Most of my roommates are in the exam period now, so today I decided to make a dessert to surprise them and cheer them a bit. I wasn’t really inspired about what to bake, so I went for the fan-favourite chocolate cake. Easy, quick and tasty. You want the recipe, don’t you?
- 200gr of dark chocolate
- 125 gr of butter
- 200 gr of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 soup spoonfuls of flour
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in the microwave
- Add the sugar and beat
- Add the eggs, one by one, beating the mix after you’ve added each egg
- Add the flour and beat the mix until you get a nice consistency
- Pour into a greased (with butter and flour) mould and introduce it into the oven, which should have been preheated at 180C
- Let it bake for 20 min.
- Let it cool before turning out
I added some almond powder. It was discreet but you could still taste it, and it wasn’t heavy, as I feared. For the best effect, you can serve it adding some vanilla ice-cream.
The surprise was a bit ruined because the whole place smelled baked chocolate, but the result was much appreciated. Nothing like chocolate to lift the spirit, right?